As the Arab emirate state of Dubai has advanced over the past decades, so have the swimming pools available to tourists. Often times, no expense has been spared to literally take the edge off the desert heat which maintains temperatures in excess of 100° F on a daily basis. Travelers looking to enjoy the pleasures of this nation will miss out on a great experience if a hotel is not chosen for the quality of its swimming pool. That’s not to say this is the only factor in choosing a hotel, but the extravagance of the pool should be an important consideration. Here are the top five best hotel pools in Dubai:
1. The One & Only Royal Mirage, +971 43999999, www.oneandonlyresorts.com. Those looking for the best opulence in a pool will book a stay at the One & Only Royal Mirage Hotel. The pool contains a rich landscape of greenery, stunning Arabian architecture, and fountains. The architectural feat of engineering that is Palm Island Bay is visible from the pool area.
2. Madinat Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, +971 4368888, www.jumeirah.com. The hotel with the name meaning “Harbor of Peace” lives up to its name. Guests will swim in an elevated pool across sun terraces inside the Grand Boutique Hotel. Rekindle your romance against the skyline of the Arabian Gulf and let the water & ambiance work their magic in your senses. Solitary road warriors looking to reconstitute themselves will enjoy the pool as well. There is a pool just for children so that the experience is appropriate for families. The pool is staffed with a qualified lifeguard and drinks & light meals can be brought poolside allowing for extended stays in the pool area.
3. Jumeirah Beach Hotel, +971 43480000, www.jumeirah.com. The outdoor pool at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is definitely one of the best hotel pools in Dubai because of its proximity to Jumeirah Beach’s white sands. The pool, replete with a tropical landscape amid miniature islands & palm trees, creates the epitome of an oasis. The pool’s edge follows a curved line for a highly aesthetic look. This hotel also has the poolside amenities of drinks and light meals. There are also four other pools at this hotel and a very short trip to the beach for water sports. The Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a fantastic choice for the ultimate Dubai holiday.
4. Burj Al Arab, +971 43017777, www.jumeirah.com. When it comes to opulence and splendor, guests will get exactly what they pay for at Burj Al Arab. Besides the hotel’s interior luxury, guests will travel back to a heated pool version of aquatic recreation which the ancient Middle East offered its royalty. Towering mosaic decorated columns light up the pool area.
5. Intercontinental Hotel, 1-866-539-0036, http://www.ihg.com. Rounding out the list of the top five best hotel pools in Dubai is the Intercontinental Hotel. Located just five minutes from the airport, the hotel provides a quiet escape for patrons. When cooling off in the 25 meter long temperature controlled pool, guests will be able to take in the Dubai skyline from within the pool’s waters. This is because the pool is what is known as a hanging pool whose transparent plexiglass section allows swimmers to go past the edge of the hotel building and overlook the street below as well as enjoy the skyline. Unlike other hanging pools, the Intercontinental Hotel’s is curved allowing for a much easier swim to the edge and wider angle views. It is considered by some to be the best hanging pool in the world. If you want to visit Dubai, make sure to sort out a visa first if you are required to have one. You can apply for Dubai Tourist visa online before going to save yourself some trouble.